maunder \MON-duhr\ , intransitive verb;
- To talk incoherently; to speak in a rambling manner.
- To wander aimlessly or confusedly.
- During times of pandemic, the common flu is known as Piglet Flu. While less deadly than Swine Flu it still makes you feel like shit. However, because it is not infamous like swine flu you get no respect from having it. So you feel like crap and no one gives a damn because you don't have h1n1.
Patient: Like shit.
Doctor: Well the tests came back, you don't have swine flu. So get the hell out you lazy good for nothing bastard. Come back with a real illness.Patient: (as he is thrown out) But i really do have the flu. Even if it is only piglet flu.
- Guy Fawkes Night, also known as Guy Fawkes Day, Bonfire Night and Firework Night, is an annual commemoration observed on 5 November, primarily in Great Britain. Its history begins with the events of 5 November 1605, when Guy Fawkes, a member of the Gunpowder Plot, was arrested while guarding explosives the plotters had placed beneath the House of Lords. Celebrating the fact that King James I had survived the attempt on his life, people lit bonfires around London, and months later the introduction of the Observance of 5th November Act enforced an annual public day of thanksgiving for the plot's failure.
- Susan B. Anthony: the suffragist attempted to vote in the 1872 presidential election although women were not allowed to; she was fined $100 but refused to pay (1872)
- FDR: beat Wendell Wilkie to win an unprecedented third term as US president (1940)
- Ella Grasso: Connecticut woman became the first female to be elected governor of a US state without succeeding her husband (1974); Shirley Chisolm, the first black woman representative, was elected to Congress (1968)
- Saddam Hussein: the Iraqi dictator was sentenced to death for crimes against humanity (2006)
- Eugene Victor Debs 1855
- Will Durant 1885
- Alfred Neale 1891
- Raymond Loewy 1893
- Joel McCrea 1905
- Natalie Schafer 1912
- Roy Rogers (Leonard Slye) 1912
- Vivien Leigh 1913
- John McGiver 1913
- Myron Floren 1918
- Ike Turner 1931
- Billy Sherrill 1936
- Chris Robinson 1938
- Elke Sommer 1940
- Art Garfunkel 1941
- Sam Shepard 1943
- Gram Parsons (Byrds, Flying Burrito Brothers) 1946
- Peter Noone (Herman's Hermits) 1947
- Armin Shimermin 1949
- Bill Walton 1952
- Jon-Erik Hexum 1958
- Robert Patrick 1958
- Bryan Adams 1959
- Tatum O'Neal 1963
- Andrea McArdle 1963
- Famke Janssen 1964
- Angelo Moore (Fishbone) 1965
- Mark Hunter (James) 1968
- Corin Nemec 1971
- Jonny Greenwood (Radiohead) 1971
- Ryan Adams (Whiskeytown) 1974
- Heather Kinley (The Kinleys) 1978
- Jennifer Kinley (The Kinleys) 1978