attar \AT-er\, noun:
1. A perfume or essential oil obtained from flowers or petals.2. Also called attar of roses; rose oil.
Attar is a shortened version of the Persian atar-gul, "essence of roses."
hit the slide
- To quit one's job in truly stunning fashion.
Steven Slater was fed up of working for a--holes, so he hit the slide.
What 1950s-era car featured a speedometer that glowed when a preset speed was reached?
- The ill-fated Ford Edsel, in 1958.
- taxicabs: first appeared on the streets of New York City (1907)
- Bambi: the animated Disney movie opened at Radio City Music Hall (1942)
- Echo 1: the first balloon satellite was launched, allowing the first two-way phone conversation via satellite (1960)
- Berlin: was divided by barbed wire, which soon became the Berlin Wall (1961)
- Regis Toomey 1902
- "Buddy" Charles Rogers 1904
- Gene Raymond 1908
- Ben Hogan 1912
- Rex Humbard 1919
- George Shearing 1919
- Neville Brand 1920
- Fidel Castro 1926
- Pat Harrington 1929
- Don Ho 1930
- Joycelyn Elders 1933
- Son Seals 1942
- Kevin Tighe 1944
- Gretchen Corbett 1947
- Dan Fogelberg 1951
- Feargal Sharkey (Undertones) 1958
- Danny Bonaduce 1959
- Quinn Cummings 1967
- Andy Griggs 1973
- Vicca 1974 - t3h pr0n