Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Review Tuesday: X-Men Apocalypse [2016]

Since the final Wolverine movie LOGAN comes out this weekend, I figure I had better get around to reviewing last year's installment in the X-Men Franchise.


X-Men: Apocalypse (2016)
After the world's first mutant, Apocalypse, awakened from his millennial slumber, the X-Men must unite to defeat him before he destroys mankind.
This latest installment in the X-Men franchise is back to the "First Class" cast and all the team as younger people. There was enormous backlash before the movie even came out because Apocalypse didn't seem the huge destroyer of the world like he seemed to be in the comics. I found that particular problem to be trivial. What does size mean to a creature as mighty as Apocalypse. 

The movie was well cast. While I never particularly cared for Jennifer Lawrence in the past, after the whole Fappening Event, I can't keep my eyes off of her when she's on screen. I suppose I was only made more aware of her charms. And she was quite good on screen. The story was very coherent and moved along at a pace that kept your interest. 

It's a comic book movie. It's not heavy thought material. It's entertaining. Worth watching if you enjoy comic book films.

Find it on IMDB and AMAZON
.

0 comments: