ersatz \AIR-sahts; UR-sats\, adjective:
- Being a substitute or imitation, usually an inferior one.
Ersatz derives from German Ersatz, "a substitute."
- The inability to sleep because of your mind fixating on a thought.
The Lost finale gave me brainspin and I wasn't able to sleep all night.
- rings of Uranus: were discovered (1977)
- syzygy: all the planets were on the same side of the Sun (1982)
- Marcello Malpighi 1628
- Friedrich Von Schlegel 1772
- Barry Fitzgerald 1888
- Arthur Honegger 1892
- Bix Beiderbecke 1903
- Claire Booth Luce 1903
- Chandler Harper 1914
- Heywood Hale Broun 1918
- Pamela Mason 1919
- Rod Woodson 1965 - Football player
- Edie Brickell 1966 - Singer
- Stephen Mailer 1966 - Actor
- Paget Brewster 1969 - Actress ("Criminal Minds")
- Dylan Keefe 1970 - Musician (Marcy Playground)
- Cristian de la Fuente 1974 - Actor ("Family Law")
- Bree Turner 1977 - Actress
- Shannon Miller 1977 - Olympic gold-medal gymnast
- Robin Thicke 1977 - Singer
- Carrie Underwood 1983 - Singer, winner of the fourth season of "American Idol"
Spotlight: Here are some facts about martial arts superstar Chuck Norris:
- Chuck Norris can lead a horse to water AND make it drink.
- Chuck Norris doesn't wear a watch, HE decides what time it is.
- There is no 'ctrl' button on Chuck Norris's computer. Chuck Norris is always in control.
- Chuck Norris can slam a revolving door.
- Chuck Norris destroyed the periodic table, because Chuck Norris only recognizes the element of surprise.
Happy birthday, Chuck Norris!
- "Violence is my last option." — Chuck Norris