usufruct (YOO-zuh-fruhkt, -suh-) noun:
- The right to use and enjoy another's property without destroying it.
Etymology: From Latin ususfructus, from usus et fructus (use and enjoyment). Earliest documented use: 1646.
- The act of using a password or other safety feature to prevent your friends, parents, girlfriends, etc from discovering your assortment of hot or racy pictures on your cell, computer, email or other encrypt-able devices.
Girl : I dunno, should I send john this pic?
Girl two : It's fine, John practices Safe Sexting!
Girl : That's good, no way that this pic will get into the wrong hands if he is Safe Sexting.
- Archbishop of Canterbury: Thomas Cranmer, who helped move England towards Protestantism, was burned at the stake (1556)
- Code Napoléon: the first modern legal code of France took effect; it was divided into laws of personal status, laws of property, and laws of acquiring property (1804)
- Henry Stanley: journalist began his trek in Africa to locate missing Scottish missionary/explorer David Livingstone; his quest ended with the famous and possibly fictitious words, "Dr. Livingstone, I presume?" (1871)
- "Who shot JR?": J.R. Ewing, the character played by Larry Hagman on Dallas, was shot by an unidentified attacker; a summer of intense curiosity ensued and an advertising catchphrase was born (1980)
- Rick Hansen: set off on his Man in Motion tour to circumnavigate the world in his wheelchair (1985); he returned to Vancouver 2 years and 2 months later, having raised millions for spinal cord research
- Johann Sebastian Bach 1685
- Phyllis McGinley 1905
- Julio Gallo 1910
- Fonty Flock (Truman Fontello) 1921
- Mort Lindsey 1923
- Al Freeman, Jr. 1934 - Actor
- Kathleen Widdoes 1939 - Actress ("As the World Turns")
- Timothy Dalton 1944 - Actor
- Marie-Christine Barrault 1944 - Actress
- Rose Stone 1945 - Musician (Sly & the Family Stone)
- Bill Plummer 1947
- Eddie Money 1949 - Singer
- Roger Hodgson 1950 - Musician (Supertramp)
- Conrad Lozano 1951 - Musician (Los Lobos)
- Russell Thompkins, Jr. 1951 - Singer (The Stylistics)
- Gary Oldman 1958 - Actor
- Sabrina LeBeauf 1958 - Actress ("The Cosby Show")
- Cynthia Geary 1966
- Maxim 1967 - MC (Prodigy)
- Jonas "Joker" Berggren 1967 - Musican (Ace of Base)
- Andrew Copeland 1968 - Musician (Sister Hazel)
- Albert Khan 1969
- DJ Premier 1969 - DJ (Gang Starr)
- Ronaldinho 1980 - Soccer player
Sonequa Martin-Green 1985 Actress (The Walking Dead)
- Adrian Peterson 1985 - Football player