vociferate \voh-SIF-uh-reyt\, verb:
- To speak or cry out loudly or noisily; shout; bawl.
Vociferate derives from the Latin combination vox, "voice," and ferre, "to bear."
Front-seat back-seat dilemma
- The inability to decide which seat to take due to the quantity of friends both "kickin' in the front seat" and "sittin' in the back seat." Characterized by indecision and anxiety as the individual has "gotta make their mind up."A largely ignored condition until early 2011, the "front-seat back-seat dilemma" was widely publicized upon the advent of Rebecca Black's viral single "Friday."
Friend 1 (From the front seat): "Why won't Tim get in the car? I have a dermatologist appointment in 5 minutes!"
Friend 2 (From the back seat): "Dude, give him a break. He's suffering a front-seat back-seat dilemma. Everyone's been there once."
What is taxonomy?
- The field of biology devoted to naming, describing, and classifying organisms.
- Income Removal System
- Thomas Hopkins Gallaudet: opened the first free American school for the deaf in Hartford, Connecticut (1817)
- Titanic: the "unsinkable" luxury liner sank after hitting an iceberg; over 1,500 died (1912)
- Bergen-Belsen: Nazi concentration camp was liberated by British and Canadian forces (1945)
- Jackie Robinson: made his debut with the Brooklyn Dodgers, scoring the game-winning run (1947)
- McDonald's: Ray Kroc opened the store that launched the empire (1955)
- Botox: botulinum toxin was approved by the FDA for treatment of moderate-to-severe frown lines (2002)
- Boston Marathon Bombing: terrorists set off explosives near the finish line just before 3 PM (2013)
- Charles Peale 1741 - Artist, portrait painter, primarily created works of colonial and American Revolutionary War figures
- Henry James 1843 - Author ("The Turn of the Screw", "The Portrait of a Lady")
- Thomas Benton 1889 - Artist
- Bessie Smith 1894 - Blues singer
- Hans Conried 1917 - Actor ("Bus Stop", "Oh! God: Book 2")
- Jim Timmens 1920 - Composer, jazz musician, musical director
- Michael Ansara 1922
- Herb Pomeroy 1930 - Musician, bandleaderElizabeth Montgomery 1933 - Actress
- Roy Clark 1933 - Country musician, singer
- Bob Luman 1937 - Singer
- Claudia Cardinale 1939 - Actress ("The Pink Panther")
- Reginald Smith (Marty Wilde) 1939 - Singer, father of singer Kim Wilde
- Willie (William Henry) Davis 1940 - Baseball player
- Clarence Satchell 1940 - Musician (The Ohio Plyers)
- Woody (Woodrow Thompson) Fryman 1940 - Baseball player
- Walt Hazzard 1942 - Basketball player
- Julie Sommars 1942 - Actress ("Herbie Goes to Monte Carlo")
- Allan Clarke 1942 - Musician (Hollies)
- Dave Edmunds 1944 - Musician (Rockpile)
- Ted Sizemore 1945 - Baseball player
- Amy Wright 1950 - Actress ("The Deer Hunter", "The Scarlet Letter")
- Dick (Richard Louis) Sharon 1950 - Baseball player
- Michael Tucci 1950
- Pete Shelley 1955 - Musician (Buzzcocks)
- Evelyn Ashford 1957 - Track athlete, 4-time Olympic gold medalist
- Emma Thompson 1959 - Actress
- Samantha Fox 1966 - Singer, Page 3 Girl, monster jugs
- Graeme Clark 1966 - Musician (Wet Wet Wet)
- Ed O'Brien 1968 - Musician (Radiohead)
- Seth Rogan 1982 - Actor, writer ("Knocked Up", "Superbad")