dapple \DAP-uhl\, noun:
1. A small contrasting spot or blotch.2. A mottled appearance, especially of the coat of an animal (as a horse).
1. To mark with patches of a color or shade; to spot.
- 1. To become dappled.
- 1. Marked with contrasting patches or spots; dappled.
Dapple derives from Old Norse depill, "a spot."
- When a person makes it sound like they are apologizing when, in fact, they are just shifting the blame or using twisted logic to argue their way out of responsibility for their actions.
When George said, "I guess we all just have to accept some of the blame here," I stopped listening because I knew it was just going to be another fauxpology.
- William Henry Harrison: went on record as the US president with the shortest tenure, dying one month after inauguration (1841)
- The Beatles: held all of the top 5 places on the Billboard Hot 100 (1964)
- Martin Luther King, Jr.: was assassinated by James Earl Ray in Memphis, Tennessee, where he was supporting striking sanitation workers (1968)
- World Trade Center: a ribbon-cutting ceremony was held to mark the opening of the Twin Towers (1973)
- Microsoft: software behemoth was founded by Bill Gates and Paul Allen in Albuquerque, New Mexico (1975)
- Linus Yale 1821 - Inventor (Yale Infallible Bank Lock and cylinder lock)
- Isoroku Yamamoto 1884
- Arthur Murray (Moses Teichman) 1895 - Dancer
- John Cameron Swayze 1906 - Newsman
- Frances Langford (Frances Newbern) 1914 - Radio singer, actress ("Born to Dance", "Yankee Doodle Dandy")
- Muddy Waters (McKinley Morganfield) 1913 - Blues singer, guitarist ("Closet to You", "Honey Bee")
- Elizabeth W. Wilson 1921 - Actress (TV: "The Addams Family", Movie: "The Graduate")
- Elmer Bernstein 1922 - Composer of film scores
- William Manchester 1922
- Gil (Gilbert Raymond) Hodges 1924 - Baseball player
- Maya Angelou 1928 - Author, poet
- Clive Davis 1932 - Record company executive
- Anthony Perkins 1932 - Actor (Movies: "Psycho" series)
- Michael Parks 1938
- Angelo Giamatti 1938
- JoAnne Carner 1939 - Golfer
- Hugh Masekela 1939 - Musician, band leader
- Ernie Terrell 1939 - Boxer
- Jerry Shirley 1952 - Musician (Humble Pie)
- Peter Haycock 1952 - Musician (Climax Blues Band)
- Graeme Kelling 1957 - Musician (Deacon Blue)
- Phil Morris 1959 - Actor
- David Gavurin 1963 - Musician (Sundays)
- Robert Downey, Jr. 1965 - Actor (Iron Man)
- Clay Davidson 1971 - Country Singer
- David Blaine 1973 - Magician
- Andre Dalyrimple 1974 - Singer (Soul for Real)
- Scott Rolen 1975 - Baseball player
- Natasha Lyonne 1979 - Actress
- Heath Ledger 1979 - Actor