Tuesday, September 11, 2018

9/11/2018

I can't say I feel any different about this day of infamy than I did in the past, so I will quote myself, with a some edits:

I've been thinking for days about what I might write for the anniversary of the terror attacks on the United States carried out by Al Qaida. Would I mention, again, what I was doing when it happened? How I felt listening to the news? How it struck me? How I personally felt loss for all those lives lost? How I was devastated by the senseless violence of it all? How it still depresses me to see any image of the World trade Center?

These are all topics I've touched on over the years I've been writing this blog. I don't even think my tale is all too interesting nor extraordinary. But what I do know is that the pain is still real. The memory is still strong. We will NEVER forget. Osama Bin Laden asked for a war. We've brought it to him. Now he's paid the price for his brand of evil. Good riddance.

More than ten years have past since that day. The hole in the ground that used to be called Ground Zero is now, once again, being called the World Trade Center. The building that has been called The Freedom Building (1776 feet high!) was renamed WTC 1. Not sure how I feel about that one, but we're clearly moving forward. Forward does not mean we're forgetting. 9/11/2001 was this generation's Pearl Harbor. I'll never forget, but the SJW snowflakes will probably call that racist. What has this world come to?

0 comments: