Monday, July 28, 2008

Jack's Mannequin Set 9/30 Album Release

Jack's Mannequin is set to release their sophomore album, The Glass Passenger, on September 30th, 2008. Co-produced by lead singer Andrew McMahon and Jim Wirt (Incubus, Hoobastank), The Glass Passenger is the follow-up to the band's debut Everything in Transit, which was released in August 2005 and debuted at No. 37 on the Billboard Top 200 album chart.

It has been a busy year for Jack's Mannequin with several appearances at Vans Warped Tour as well as the Bamboozle Festival. Their 4-song iTunes EP will be available on August 5th, and the band just kicked off a cross-country tour supporting Paramore.

McMahon describes the new album as "a bizarre balance between present and past. I was trying to use the music to sort through and reconcile with the adversity of my past. My past is my past and a lot of this record is about that, but it's also about trying to write myself out of it. This is a record about trying to get well. It's about getting out from underneath something. I want people to receive the music for what it is and not have to contextualize it against my own personal battle."

The Glass Passenger is due in stores on September 30th, 2008!

ON THE WEB

0 comments: