Sunday, August 10, 2008

In the cinema: The Dark Knight (2008)

Today I joined the masses of people in the world who have seen The Dark Knight. I really wanted to see this, but I wanted to get in after the big crowds went down. Since nothing big came out this weekend, I wouldn't be surprised if Batman took another weekend in the #1 spot. If this theater was any indicator of what other showings were like, I wouldn't doubt another great weekend.

About the movie, it's more than two and a half hours long. It stars Christian Bale as the caped crusader for the second time. The main villain, the Joker, is played by the late Heath Ledger. The rest of the cast is all top notch as well.

The movie was great. The time flew by. The characters were well played. The special effects were very convincing. The Joker was great, but I think knowing that this was Ledger's final role, makes him even more chilling.

The gadgets were fun. The twists and turns in the story keep you riveted.

This movie was not over-hyped. It was due every kudo it got. If you haven't seen it yet, go for it!

More on IMDB:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0468569/

0 comments: