In January of this year LACUNA COIL put out their latest record: DARK ADRENALINE. I was looking forward to the new album as it usually brings a new tour. Color me enthused!
The record DARK ADRENALINE hit in January of 2012, and the first single was TRIP THE DARKNESS. I wasn't feeling it. Something wasn't right, but I waited for the full album to make any decisions. When I did, I had a feeling something wasn't right. It was a Lacuna Coil album that didn't have that Lacuna Coil feel to it, to me. It feels a bit overproduced, and Cristina Scabbia's creamy, sexy voice seemed tweaked a couple octaves higher than usual on some tracks. They, also, half-heartedly cover REM's Losing My Religion.
The tracklist:
Song Title - Time1. Trip The Darkness 3:132. Against You 3:503. Kill The Light 3:344. Give Me Something More 3:555. Upsidedown 3:036. End Of Time 3:527. I Don't Believe In Tomorrow 4:118. Intoxicated 3:479. The Army Inside 3:1210. Losing My Religion 3:4211. Fire 2:5412. My Spirit 5:49
I would call this record a mixed bag. Some good, some not so good, mostly okay. It's very listenable, but not their greatest effort.
Allow me to digress a moment. When we saw them at the Grammercy Theater in NYC, the opening act was OTHERWISE. I would call Otherwise a heavy metal band with about nothing to distinguish itself from any of the others. They cursed out some dude in the crowd through their entire set. They were completely distracted with putting up a very heavy metal image, but they lost my interest. Play some good music, lower your levels a little bit, and have a slice of humble pie guys. I'd call them okay at best.
If you weren't sure whether to see them or not, I say GO FOR IT! They are a great live band that really seems to enjoy being on stage performing for the fans. And Cristina Scabbia is HOT!

0 comments:
Post a Comment