Tuesday, November 21, 2023

Review Tuesday: THE BOYS - DIABOLICAL Season 1 / 2022

The Boys Presents: Diabolical - Amazon Prime Video Anthology Series - Where  To Watch 
 
THE BOYS
DIABOLICAL
Season 1
2022
Animated shorts based on the comic book and Amazon original show THE BOYS. 
I had heard of this show quite a while ago but kept forgetting to get around to it. I haven't had a whole of of time for anything since my office shut down and I started my own business about year ago. But I did finally get to it. 
 
This is similar to STAR WARS VISIONS. Various animation studios teamed up with various writers to create animated shorts based on a particular source material, in this case THE BOYS. Since THE BOYS was originally a comic book series, this sideways jump into cartoons didn't seem so crazy. In fact, one of the episodes was based directly on the original source material, using the original artwork for the characters. Some of the episodes are great, and there are definitely some really weak ones. But these are all pretty short, coming in from 14 - 15 minutes, so it's not a terrible chore to sit through. 
 
Episode List:
  1. Laser Baby's Day Out
  2. An Animated Short Where Pissed-Off Supes Kill Their Parents
  3. I'm Your Pusher
  4. Boyd in 3D
  5. BFFS
  6. Nubian vs Nubian 
  7. John and Sun-Hee
  8. One Plus One Equals Two
To me, I'm Your Pusher and One Plus One Equals Two make this series worthwhile to view. Some of the other episodes are meh, but collectively, not too bad since the investment in time isn't that great. Under two hours for the entire eight episode season. If you are a fan of THE BOYS, you might want to take a little time to see this as it's supposed to be considered canon... mostly. I keep reading conflicting information on that. 
 
Catch it on AMAZON 
  

0 comments: