Tuesday, April 16, 2024

Rev iew Tuesday: MANDY (2018)

 
 
MANDY
2018
A husband seeks revenge after his wife is murdered by cultists.
I have seen memes from this movie and have heard about it for years. I just was never motivated enough to actually watch it. I mean, come on, it stars Nicolas Cage. His movies run hot and cold. So when my friend, yes her again, wanted to watch it, I seized the opportunity.    
 
A happy couple enjoying their lives in seclusion in the woods are set upon by a drugged out sex cult and their demon heavies. When the wife, Mandy, declines sex with the leader she's hanged and set on fire in front of her husband (Nicolas Cage). The rest of the film is his drugged out journey of revenge. 

I must say I have no idea what all the hype was about. Most of the scenes seemed to drag on way too long. Maybe that was supposed to be the drugged out aspect of it, but for me this felt like an insufferably long attempt at horror by a film student. How this thing got such high marks is beyond me.
 
Trash. 
 

0 comments: