Tuesday, April 23, 2024

Review Tuesday: MR. ROBOT (The Complete Series)

  Mr. Robot (TV Series 2015–2019) - IMDb
 
MR. ROBOT
(The Complete Series)
A group of hackers seeking revenge against Evil Corp face unintended consequences. 
While trying to come up with things to watch which would be good diversions form the tax season workload my friend (yes, the same friend) thought something engaging might be good. She selected MR ROBOT. I wasn't unfamiliar with the series. I used to have a friend a long time ago who used to rave about the show, but she was a pretentious jerk so I had no interest in watching it. A better friend talked me into it. 
 
Elliot Alderson (Rami Malek) lost his father due to the misdeeds of the Evil Corp. To retaliate he uses his hacking skills and the aid of his friends to take the company down. Unfortunately the outcome of the hack yielded all sorts of unintended, grave results. While the story of the financial disaster unfolds, we learn about Elliot and his dissociative identity disorder.     

While many of the characters aren't very likeable at all, the writing and the human drama are quite compelling. Plus, add the layers of Elliot's mental illness that's unraveling over the series and the show is chocked full of surprises.
 
Easter Eggs! I remember the show being filmed by my office when I worked in NYC. Sure enough, I saw scenes taken right around the corner from where I worked!

This show is quite good and felt worthwhile to watch. It's a complete series with a proper ending. I would recommend this to anyone who was curious when it made its initial run.

0 comments: