
The Car
by Dennis Shryack
A town is terrorized by a car.
Last week I reviewed the movie that was based on this book. When I was trying to secure a copy of the movie I discovered that there was a book and there were some profound differences from one to the next. Great! So I spent MONTHS trying to track down the book because, as usual, I wanted to read the book before watching the movie.
A black car comes to town running people over. There's no known reason and the police can't seem to track it down. Is it the evil blown in on the wind that the superstitious local Native-Americans believe has arrived? Or is it some homicidal maniac behind the wheel?
As usual, the book was better than the movie. It was able to provide more of the inner-commentaries of the characters. It provided m ore from the perspective of THE CAR, and even who/what drives it. Yeah. This book is something else and well worth your time to read. It's an excellent horror novel!
In an aside, the book has been out of print for decades. Finding a print copy is tough, and pretty expensive. I would recommend borrowing it from the INTERNET ARCHIVE.

0 comments:
Post a Comment