Thursday, July 07, 2005

4th of July Weekend: The Round Up

We headed back on Tuesday. We figured we'd avoid traffic that way, and we did. We left Hbg by 9:45 and had the car back at the dealer by 3:00.

We did good on time until we hit New York. Staten Island was a mass of rubber neckers staring at construction machines PARKED on the side of the road. We got stuck there a long while. The Van Wyck was a parking lot. For that time of day, it was a shocker. We had to bail to the side streets just to make the drop-off on time.

It was a nice weekend. Something different. I got to drive that car, now I know I DON'T want to buy one. I actually ached after driving the Suzuki Aerio all weekend. I took a shot at the big burger. Had some beer. Tried out my tennis racket bug zapper. I only wish the pool was bigger and had fewer kids in it.

0 comments: