Thursday, July 26, 2007

Turtle Thursday: Terrapin Care

Last weekend Mrs. Baxojayz and I got in late after a dinner out. The timer had shut off the lights for the turtles at least an hour prior. All was still. All the little green babies were fast asleep. My wife turned on one of the dimmer lights just so we can see our way around in the basement, when we saw something amazing.

Dante was "sleep-walking" AGAIN!

I asked her to get the dig cam, but she felt it was too dark to take decent pics. So we only stood there for a good couple minutes watching Dante swim about the bottom of the tank in muted movements. To me it looked like he was having a dream about feeding and was acting it out unwittingly. This even was even cuter than the first time we caught him sleep-walking.

I promise, one day, I will catch a pic or some footage of this behavior to share with you all! For now you have to just live with an old Dante put and a link to proper terrapin care.

http://www.chelonia.org/Articles/Malaclemyscare.htm

1 comments:

steve said...

Dante is always such a pleasure to look at, and I love how his arms are just sort of hanging here in this pic! Gam's not quite as laid back, always trying to claw himself free. Anyhow, how cool would that be to capture footage of Dante sleep walking? What a little character he is!