Tuesday, June 30, 2009

In the theater: The Toxic Avenger Musical

I mentioned that last week was my eighth wedding anniversary. The wife got for me as a gift tickets for The Toxic Avenger Musical. I saw reviews for it, they all said it was a riot, so I wanted to see it. My wife made it so.

Before we were able to even get to the show, we both got caught in the flash flood that hit NYC right when Stacey and I were supposed to meet. That created a big delay and we ducked into the first nice looking restaurant we saw on the way to the theater. It was a Brazilian Restaurant with a dandy looking Prix Fixe menu. While the food was pretty good, the service was a little slow and the prices indeed seemed a bit high. They finally got the check to us and we were able to leave at 7:55. The show started at 8 PM!

The show DID start at 8:00. It's two full hours with no intermission. Be sure to hit the restrooms before the show! If you saw the 80's horror / hero movie called The Toxic Avenger, you will have only a slight advantage. The entire concept has been updated and set to rock n roll music. What makes the show even more fun, is that the show only has a five person cast. Between the set and costume changes, the singing, and action, your attention is kept and the time flies by.

If you have the opportunity to see this show, you won't regret it. It's a non-stop fun ride and a memorable show. Try it! You'll like it! I did!

You can find more about it here:
http://thetoxicavengermusical.com/

Here's a pic of the wife and me in Times Square after the show:

0 comments: