Tuesday, July 27, 2010

On CD: In Your Mouth by Mama's Dirty Little Secret

When I got the CD IN YOUR MOUTH by MAMA'S DIRTY LITTLE SECRET I just felt compelled to listen to it immediately.

The band is described thusly:
  • The power trio that is Mama's Dirty Lil' Secret delivers a musical punch that can only be described as the sonic love child born of the torrid love affair between Soul and Punk. With big soulful choruses, catchy riffs, booming bass and thunder grooves, you will catch the Mama's Dirty Lil' Secret spirit and cut loose and rock. Influence: Prince, Kiss, Van Halen, Neil Sedaka, '80s Hair Metal.

The album consists nine well crafted punk rock tracks. The production is good, but a little trebly, but that's to be expected this type of music. To me, it had a Dead Kennedys feel to it. All the instruments are well played, and I was shocked to find that a trio puts out such strong music. The vocals are beautiful and smooth, almost to the point you're shocked that he's not in pop music. 

I'd call this a thoroughly enjoyable album and certainly worth your time to listen to it.  

Connect to Mama's Dirty Little Secret:

2 comments:

Mama's Dirty Li'l Secret said...

Hey Bobby,
Whoa - I'm literally just seeing your review a year 1/2 later! Thank you very much for the kind words, my Man! I'm glad you enjoyed the tunes!

...and I just watched the Underworld trilogy last weekend!


Rock Hard! Rock Sexy!
† The Deacon †
www.RockHardRockSexy.com

Bobby "the Blue" said...

LOL. Not a problem! Thanks for stopping by.

The new Underworld movie comes out next month. Kate Beckinsale in 3d? YES PLEASE!