Tuesday, July 05, 2011

Fourth of July weekend round-up

  • Fourth of July.
  • Long weekend.
  • Mrs. Bax0jayz' birthday.

These were all contributing factors to getting away on a little road-trip to the Poconos last weekend. We stayed at the the Fernwood Resort. We've previously stayed in the hotel and the villas, this time we just stayed in a regular room. The rooms are okay, clean, a big tube TV and VHS / DVD combo, decent beds, nice spacious bathroom, and an assortment of delicious smelling soaps and lotions.


We hit the usual things out there, various local restaurants, the flea market, and a variety of stores. I also spent some time getting used to my new toy, a Canon EOS 350D with an Olympus OM lens.


Everything went well and was pleasant. Gas was well under a quarter cheaper than NY prices. Good food. Some good bargains while shopping. The only bummer was that some asshole in a jacked up Hyundai Tucson put a ding in my rear passenger quarter-panel. I'm deciding whether or not I can live with that. It looks like a knot on a tree in he middle of my sparkling, flawless car. Fucking cunt.


We got home yesterday afternoon. That left plenty of time to get everything cleaned up and organized and be ready for the fireworks... if there were going to be any at all. My neighborhood has been pretty quiet most of the time, so we weren't expecting much.


We were pleasantly surprised. The neighborhood rumbled and was lit up with explosions of all manner of fireworks. But I started to wonder, why this display this year?
The United States turned 235?
The Statue of Liberty turned 125?
The tenth anniversary of 9/11?
OR
The death of Osama Bin Laden?
I would like to think all of the above.


Happy Birthday, America! We love you!

Tomorrow is Mrs. Baxojayz' birthday. I know Heff is a fan so you might like to know she approved a pic in her birthday suit. How nude will she be? Tune in tomorrow and see! It'll be tasteful, I promise!

0 comments: