furcate \FUR-keyt\, verb:
1. To form a fork; branch.
1. Forked; branching.
Furcate is from the Medieval Latin word furcātus which meant "cloven."
- abbreviation for 'really don't care'
when someone is boring you with useless information, or oversharing, simply reply 'rdc'
What disease can be treated with a hormone found in the toxic saliva of the giant Gila monster?
- Type 2 diabetes. A synthetic form of the hormone—exendin-4—was approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration in 2005 for treating patients unable to control their high blood sugar with other medications.
- Amistad case: the US Supreme Court ruled that the mutineers had been taken into slavery illegally and should be freed (1841)
- See It Now: TV newsmagazine aired an episode critical of the communist-hunting Sen. Joseph McCarthy; it contributed to the senator's eventual downfall (1954)
- Barbie: foot-high fashion doll — full name: Barbie Millicent Roberts — was launched at the New York Toy Fair; a billion have now been sold (1959)
- New York Times v. Sullivan: the US Supreme Court protected the press from libel suits by public figures unless there was actual malice (1964)
- Amerigo Vespucci 1454
- Leland Stanford 1824
- Eddie Foy, Sr. 1854
- Will Geer 1902
- Samuel Barber 1910
- Fred Clark 1914
- Mickey Spillane 1918 - Author
- Carl Betz 1920
- Andre Courreges 1923
- Billy Ford (Billy & Lillie) 1925
- Irene Papas 1929 - Actress
- Keely Smith 1932 - Actress, singer
- Lloyd Price 1933 - Singer
- Yuri Gagarin 1934
- Joyce Van Patten 1934 - Actress
- Marty Ingels 1936 - Actor, comedian
- Mickey Gilley 1936 - Country singer
- Raul Julia 1940
- Jim Colbert 1941
- Mark Lindsay 1942 - Singer (Paul Revere & the Raiders)
- Bobby Fischer 1943 - Chess player
- Charles Gibson 1943 - TV host ("Good Morning America")
- Trevor Burton 1944 - Musician (The Move)
- Trish Van Devere 1945 - Actress
- Robin Trower 1945 - Musician (Procol Harum)
- Jim Cregan 1946 - Musician (Family)
- Jeffrey Osborne 1948 - Singer (L.T.D.)
- Jimmie Fadden 1948 - Country singer (Nitty Gritty Dirt Band)
- Jaime Lyn Bauer 1949 - Actress
- Andy North 1950
- Michael Kinsley 1951 - Journalist
- Martin Fry 1958 - Musician (ABC)
- Benito Santiago 1960 - Baseball player
- Linda Fiorentino 1960 - Actress
- Juliette Binoche 1964 - Actress
- Robert Sledge 1968 - Musician (Ben Folds Five)
- C-Murder 1971 - Rapper
- Emmanuel Lewis 1971 - Actor ("Webster")