larrup \LAR-uhp\, verb:
- To beat or thrash.
- a 20-30 something with really bad taste in food that thinks they can discern the nuances in fine wine and cheese ETC and writes a useless review on Yelp.
How did Volkswagen pay tribute to Grateful Dead front man Jerry Garcia following his demise in 1995?
- It published an ad in Rolling Stone magazine that contained a simple sketch of the front of a VW bus with a single teardrop falling from a headlight and the words, “Jerry Garcia 1942–1995.”
- Treaty of Tordesillas: divided the New World between Spain and Portugal (1494)
- Continental Congress: the delegates heard a motion to declare the United Colonies free and independent from England (1776)
- Vatican City: became an independent, sovereign state as the Lateran Treaty was signed in Rome (1929)
- The $64,000 Question: game show premiered on CBS (1955)
- Betamax: Sony released the first popular videocassette recorder, making it possible to tape one show while watching another (1975)
- Beau Brummel (George Bryan Brummell) 1778 - Arbiter of men's fashion in Regency England
- Paul Gauguin (Eugène Henri Paul Gauguin) 1848 - Post-Impressionist artist, painter, sculptor
- Nikki Giovanni (Yolande Cornelia "Nikki" Giovanni) 1943 - Poet, activist, author