dog-ear \DAWG-eer\, verb:
- To fold down the corner of a page in a book.
- (In a book) a corner of a page folded over like a dog's ear, as by careless use, or to mark a place.
- In architecture, another term for a crossette.
Dog-ear as a metaphor for the folded pages of a book first appears in the 1650s.
- When you don't eat all day in anticipation of your Thanksgiving Feast.
Jenny is on a diet and is participating in her Thanksgiving Fast to prepare for the large amount of calories she will be consuming during her Thanksgiving Feast.Trivia
What was the first dirty job featured on TV’s gritty Dirty Jobs series?
- Bat cave scavenger, a job that involves collecting bat guano (bat poop) for fertilizer. The episode aired in November 2003.
- Army-Navy game: football rivalry began at West Point; Navy won 24-0 (1890)
- South Pole: was flown over for the first time by American explorer Richard E. Byrd and three others (1929)
- Palestine: the UN voted to divide the region between Jews and Arabs (1947)
- "I Want to Hold Your Hand": The Beatles released their first No. 1 hit in Great Britain (1963)
- Warren Commission: was established by US president Lyndon Johnson to investigate JFK's assassination (1963)
- Pong: Atari announced the release of teh early video game (1972_
- Vin Scully 1927
- Diane Ladd 1932
- John Mayall (Bluesbreakers) 1933
- Meco Monardo 1939
- Peter Bergman 1939
- Chuck Mangione 1940
- Garry Shandling 1949
- Barry Goudreau (Boston) 1951
- Jeff Fahey 1952 - Actor ("Lost")
- Joel Coen 1954
- Howie Mandel 1955
- Cathy Moriarty 1960
- Andrew McCarthy 1962
- Kim Delaney 1964
- Martin Carr (Boo Radleys) 1968
- Jonathan Knight (New Kids on the Block) 1968
- Gena Lee Nolin 1971
- Anna Faris 1977
- Krystal Steal (t3h pr0n) 1985