mulligrubs \MUHL-i-gruhbz\, noun:
- Ill temper; colic; grumpiness.
This fanciful formation was developed in 1599 as a synonym for 'a fit of the blues' and an alteration of megrims.
christ on a crutch
- An expletive usually expressing disbelief or exasperation. It is the opposite to that of a Christian person saying. Christ on the cross. Somewhat akin to saying Shit on a stick.
Christ on a fucking crutch, will you shut up and give me a break?
With a sigh and a shake of the head: Christ on a crutch, I can't believe how stupid this is.Trivia
- Festivus ("for the rest of us")
- kidney transplant: was successfully performed for first time, in Boston (1954)
- Federal Reserve Act: law signed by President Woodrow Wilson created the Federal Reserve System, a central banking system for the US (1913)
- Immaculate Reception: the Pittsburgh Steelers won an NFL playoff game over the Oakland Raiders with a "miraculous" touchdown (1972)
- Voyager: experimental plane designed by Burt Rutan completed a 9-day flight around the world without refueling (1986)
- Lenny Bruce: comedian who satirized politics, religion and sex was granted by the governor of New York a posthumous pardon for obscenity, for which he had been convicted 40 years earlier (2003)
- Richard Arkwright 1732
- Alexander I (Russia) 1777
- Fredi Washington 1903
- Don McNeill 1907
- Yousuf Karsh 1908
- Maurice Denham 1909
- James Gregory 1911
- Jose Greco 1918
- Gerald O’Loughlin 1921
- Ruth Roman 1923
- Tim Hardin 1940
- Corey Haim 1972
- Jamie Murphy (Space) 1975