rime \RAHYM\, noun:
- A coating of tiny, white, granular ice particles, caused by the rapid freezing of water droplets.
Rime, also known as hoarfrost, comes from the Old English hrim. Used mainly in Northern England and Scotland for centuries, it was revived in literature in the 19th century.
boob tube baby
- Stereotype used to categorize individuals who fall into a fairly modern trend in child rearing, where the child is not properly raised. Instead the parent(s) occupy the child by setting them in front of a TV as opposed to actively engaging the child in productive activities. This type of childhood typically fosters poor social behaviors and disorders such as ADHD, beckoning use of term.
John is the most awkward boob tube baby I've ever run in to.Trivia
What was unique about the signatures on the $60 million in U.S. paper currency authorized by Congress in 1861?
- All the bills were hand-signed by Treasury Department clerks. The following year, and ever since, engraved signatures of high Treasury Department officials have been printed on U.S. paper currency.
- Chicago: was founded with a mission established by French priest Jacques Marquette on the shore of Lake Michigan (1674)
- suttee: the Hindu practice of a widow's self-immolation on her husband's funeral pyre was outlawed by the British in India (1829)
- The Los Angeles Times: began publication; it is now the second-largest metropolitan newspaper in the US (1881)
- Wassily Kandinsky 1866
- Deanna Durbin 1921
- Bob Mosley 1942 - Musician (Moby Grape)
- Brian Prout 1955 - Musician (Diamond Rio)
- Bob Griffin 1959 - Musician (The BoDeans)