agape \ah-GAH-pey\, noun:
- Unselfish love of one person for another without sexual implications.
- The love of Christians for other persons, corresponding to the love of God for humankind.
Agape originates as the Greek agapen, "to greet with affection." The term was adopted by early Christians in connection with celebrations. The general sense of "love without sexual aspects" came into use in the 1800s.Several Joint Liability
- When a party is liable for all of the damage incurred by a third party after becoming excessively high on marijuana.
Jake decided to smoke a pack of joints, and, as all stoners do when they get high, he took a baseball bat to every car window on his block. Jake will be liable for the damage under the Several Joint Liability doctrine introduced by Justice Holmes in the landmark case Marley v. Jane.
What Hollywood star, in pursuit of realism, ate a live cockroach in one of his films?
- Nicolas Cage, in Vampire’s Kiss (1988). Cage said he spit out the roach.
- AFL-CIO: George Meany led the newly formed federation of labor unions (1955)
- "irrational exuberance": former Federal Reserve Chairman Alan Greenspan warned that the market might be dangerously overvalued (1996)
- Martin Van Buren (U.S.) 1782
- Christina Georgina Rossetti 1830
- George Armstrong Custer 1839
- Walt Elias Disney 1901 - Disney movies, music and books
- Otto Preminger 1906
- Little Richard (Richard Wayne Penniman) 1932
- Joan Didion 1934
- Calvin Trillin 1935
- J.J. Cale 1938
- Jeroen Krabbe 1944
- Jose Carreras 1947
- Jim Messina 1947 - Musician (Buffalo Springfield)
- Morgan Brittany 1951
- Brian Backer 1956
- Jack Russell 1960 - Musician (Great White)
- Ty England 1963
- Carrie Hamilton 1963
- John Rzeznick 1965 - Musician (The Goo Goo Dolls)
- Gary Allan 1967
- Margaret Cho 1968
- Amy Acker 1976
- Frankie Muniz 1985