exordium \ig-ZAWR-dee-uhm\, noun:
- The beginning of anything.
- The introductory part of an oration, treatise, etc.
Exordium stems from the Latin root ōrd meaning "to begin." The prefix ex- in this case means "utterly," and the suffix -ium which is often found on nouns borrowed from Latin, such as delirium and tedium.
- Broscience is the predominant brand of reasoning in bodybuilding circles where the anecdotal reports of jacked dudes are considered more credible than scientific research.
Broscience in action:
"Bro, you gotta slam 40-60 grams of waxy maize plus 20 grams of BCAA within 7 seconds of finishing your last set of squat rack curls. Otherwise, you'll go straight catabolic."Trivia
- Miami Dolphins: beat the Washington Redskins in Super Bowl VII, becoming the first, and so far only, NFL team to have an undefeated season (1973)
- Andy Rooney 1919
- Tom Tryon 1926
- Billy Walker 1929
- Caterina Valente 1931
- Geoff Tate (Queensryche) 1959
- Steven Soderbergh 1963
- Mark Addy 1964
- Slick Rick 1965
- Dan Scheider 1966
- Tom Rhodes 1967
- Emily Watson 1967
- L.L. Cool J (James Todd Smith) 1968
- Jason Bateman 1969
- Dave Grohl (Foo Fighters, Nirvana) 1969