algid \AL-jid\, adjective:
- Cold; chilly.
A late Renaissance term, algid is derived from the Latin algidus, meaning "cold."
- A shit so epic/huge/painful/life changing that the bible should be rewritten to incorporate it some how.
That poop hurt so much that it felt like the second coming of Christ, I kid you not it was a BIBLICAL Shit!
According to ufologists, what is a close encounter of the fourth kind?
- The abduction of a human by an extraterrestrial. A close encounter of the third kind is the sighting of an extraterrestrial.
- Meiji Restoration: re-established the authority of Japan's emperor and led to the fall of the shoguns (1868)
- the Curse of the Bambino: Red Sox losing streak began with the team's sale of Babe Ruth to the Yankees; it lasted till 2004 (1920)
- March of Dimes: fundraising organization was founded by President Franklin D. Roosevelt to raise funds for the battle against poliomyelitis; it later expanded its aim to the prevention of premature birth, birth defects and infant mortality (1938)
- Alaska: the territory once known as Seward's Folly became the 49th and largest US state (1959)
- Marcus Tullius Cicero 106 B.C.
- Lucretia Mott 1793
- Clement Attlee 1883
- Anna Pavlova 1885
- Joseph Rauh 1911
- Maxene Andrews (The Andrews Sisters) 1916
- John Russell 1921
- Bill Travers 1922
- Hank Stram 1924
- George Martin 1926
- Joan Walsh Anglund 1926
- Robert Loggia 1930
- Dabney Coleman 1932
- Coo Coo (Clifton) Marlin 1932
- Bobby Hull (NHL) 1939
- Van Dyke Parks 1943
- Victoria Principal 1944
- Stephen Stills (Buffalo Springfield) 1945
- Betty Rollin 1946
- John Paul Jones (Baldwin) 1946
- Melody Anderson 1955
- Mel Gibson 1956
- Shannon Sturges 1968
- James Carter 1969
- Michael Schumacher 1969
- Jason Marsden 1975