word-hoard \WURD-hawrd\, noun:
- A person's vocabulary.
Word-hoard first occurred in modern English in the 1890s. It was a literal translation of the Old English word wordhord which meant "a store of words."
- What one would say in a situation that arouses suspicions, but is ultimately determined to pose no threat.
- What one would say ironically in a situation that is obviously NOT legit, usually dealing with illicit activities such as drugs and pedophilia, or the purchase of knockoff merchandise.
1) This muscle cream isn't a brand I've ever heard of, but there's no ingredients label on it so it can't be steroids. Seems legit.
2a) This 15-year old Christina Hansen wants me to come visit her for a surprise... seems legit!
2b) This guy is asking for 15 bucks for this thousand dollar Gucci bag... seems legit!
What elements are represented by the three numbers listed on a bag of fertilizer—for example, 10-20-10?
- Nitrogen (N), phosphorus (P), and potassium (K). The numbers indicate the percentage, by weight, of each of the ingredients, which are listed on the bag in alphabetical order.
- electoral college: George Washington and John Adams were elected the first President and Vice President of the United States (1789)
- Confederate States of America: a new union broke away from the United States; it was formed by southern slave states (1861)
- Yalta Conference: the "Big Three" — Roosevelt, Churchill and Stalin — met in the Crimea (1945)
- Yugoslavia: was formally replaced by Serbia and Montenegro; the two declared independence three years later (2003)
- Facebook: social networking site that redefined "friend" was founded by Mark Zuckerberg (2004)
- Mark Hopkins 1802
- Fernand Léger 1881
- Jacques Prévert 1900
- Charles Lindbergh 1902
- MacKinlay Kantor 1904
- Eddie Foy Jr. 1905
- James Craig 1912
- Byron Nelson 1912
- Rosa Parks 1913
- Dick Seaman 1913
- William Talman 1915
- Ida Lupino 1918
- Betty Friedan 1921
- Conrad Bain 1923
- Gary Conway 1936
- Michael Beck 1949
- Pamela Franklin 1950
- Lisa Eichhorn 1952
- Lawrence Taylor 1959
- Pamela Ferdin 1960
- Natalie Imbruglia 1975
- Cam'ron 1976