whangdoodle \HWANG-dood-l, WANG-\, noun:
- a fanciful creature of undefined nature.
Whangdoodle is a neologism from the 1850s. It is most likely a nonsense formation.
- Prying one's fat ass off the couch to get shit done. Ending (temporarily or permanently) one's sedentary lifestyle & actually doing shit.
Dude, delazify your ass & clean this shit hole up!
- Next week.
- First Council of Nicaea: opened in present-day Turkey; it dealt with the relationship of Jesus to God the Father, and the date of Easter, among other issues (325)
- Charles Lindbergh: began the first solo flight across the Atlantic, in The Spirit of St. Louis; he flew from Long Island to Paris in about 11 1/2 hours (1927)
- Amelia Earhart: began her flight from Newfoundland to Ireland, becoming the first woman to fly solo across the Atlantic Ocean (1932)
- Hamburger Hill: US and South Vietnamese forces captured Apbia Mountain after one of the Vietnam War's bloodiest battles (1969)
- Cheers: the final episode of the TV sitcom was seen by 93 million viewers (1993)
- Honore de Balzac 1799 - Novelist
- John Stuart Mill 1806 - Editor, philosopher
- William George Fargo 1818 - Organizer of Wells, Fargo & Company
- Henri Julien Felix Rousseau 1844 - French painter
- Wladyslaw Sikorski 1888 - Polish military and political leader
- Jimmy Stewart 1908 - Actor (Philadelphia Story ; The Glenn Miller Story, It’s a Wonderful Life, Mr. Smith Goes to Washington)
- William R. Hewlett 1913 - Co-founder of Hewlett-Packard Company (HP)
- Patrick Ellis (Leftwich) 1916 - Actress
- George Goble 1919 - Comedian, Actor (Harper Valley P.T.A.)
- Edith Fellows 1923 - Actress (The Grace Kelly Story, In the Mood)
- Bob Sweikert 1926 - Auto racer, won Indianapolis 500 in 1955
- Bud (Henry) Grant 1927 - Football player and coach
- Teddy Randazzo 1937 - Songwriter, producer, singer, actor
- Stan Mikita 1940 - Hockey player
- Bobby (Ray) Murcer 1946 - Baseball player
- Dave Thomas 1949 - Comedian, actor
- Cullen Bryant 1951 - Football player
- Warren Cann 1952 - Musician (Ultravox)
- Dean Butler 1956 - Actor
- Busta Rhymes 1972 - Musician