indemnity \in-DEM-ni-tee\, noun:
- Protection or security against damage or loss.
- Compensation for damage or loss sustained.
- Something paid by way of such compensation.
- Legal exemption from penalties attaching to unconstitutional or illegal actions, granted to public officers and other persons.
One of the roots of indemnity, the Middle English damnum, "loss", relates to the modern verb damn.
(1)Application of make-up to one's face.(2)Application of sperm to one's face.
Also see: smud
(1)"I'm going to Green's Salon to get my facial done."
(2)"Dude! Ron Jeremy just gave that bitch a facial!"Trivia
- Tuesday, maybe?
- Bob Day - A Holiday dedicated to all the awesome men named BOB
- Edict of Worms: declared Martin Luther an outlaw and banned his writings (1521)
- Andrew Johnson: 17th president of the United States was acquitted by one vote in his impeachment trial (1868)
- Dow Jones Industrial Average: stock market index was first published by The Wall Street Journal (1896)
- George Willig: the "human fly" scaled the South Tower of the World Trade Center in 3.5 hours; he was fined $1.10 for the illegal feat — a penny per story (1977)
- Ellis Island: the US Supreme Court ruled that the immigration landmark belonged more to New Jersey than New York (1998)
- Abraham De Moivre 1667
- Peter Cushing 1913
- Jay Silverheels 1919
- Peggy Lee 1920
- James Arness 1923 - Actor ("Gunsmoke")
- Jacques Bergerac 1927
- Cliff Drysdale1941
- Levon Helm 1942 - Musician (The Band)
- Ray Ennis 1942 - Musician (The Swinging Blue Jeans)
- Sam Posey 1944
- Gerry Paterson 1945 - Musician (The Guess Who)
- Stevie Nicks 1948 - Singer
- Pam Grier 1949
- Hank Williams, Jr. 1949 - Country musician
- Phillip Michael Thomas 1949 - Actor ("Miami Vice")
- Helena Bonham-Carter 1966 - Actress
- Phillip Rhodes 1968 - Musician (Gin Blossoms)
- Joseph Fiennes 1970 - Actor ("Flashfoward")
- Joey Kibble 1971 - Musician (Take 6)
- Matt Stone 1979 - TV producer ("South Park")