Tuesday, June 18, 2013

[In The Cinema] Review Tuesday: This Is The End

Since neither my friends nor my wife had any interest in seeing MAN OF STEEL I figured we'd see the other new movie of the week, THIS IS THE END.


A group of friends, who all happen to be actors, try to survive the apocalypse.
While that is a very accurate, yet brief, synopsis of the movie there is a lot more going on to fill in the one hour and forty seven minutes. Based on the 2007 short film "Jay And Seth Vs. The Apocalypse," this turned into a buddy film of epic proportions. If you've seen an adult comedy within the last decade, there's a high likelihood someone in this cast was a part of  it.

I'm not going to say much more than THIS MOVIE WAS REALLY FUNNY at this point because almost anything I could say would be a spoiler and I really think that the less you know before walking in the better. The shock value of some of the humor is worth it's weight in gold. The cast is great. Everyone does a great job. So, yeah, go see this! And then I bet you'll probably want to get it on DVD when it comes out. I'm sure there had to be tons of footage they got cut.

I think the most surprising aspect of this movie was ticket sales. When I went to buy my tixx I asked the cashier how it was doing. She informed me that since it opened, THIS IS THE END had very good ticket sales and that it was picking up run-off from the sold-out showings of MAN OF STEEL. Armed with these details I figured that Superman would still kill, but that THIS IS THE END would probably still show some impressive numbers. $20 plus mill isn't anything to sneeze at, but certainly not what I expected.

BTW: You don't have to stay through the credits. No extra scenes, 'aight?

More on IMDB:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1245492/?ref_=hm_cht_t2

0 comments: