battology \buh-TOL-uh-jee\, noun:
- wearisome repetition of words in speaking or writing.
Battology entered English in the late 1500s from the Greek word battologia meaning "speaking stammeringly" from battos meaning "stammerer" and -logia meaning "one who speaks (in a certain manner)."
Gift Card Millionaire
- A person who holds a significant amount of money tied up in Gift Cards, Store Credit, Groupons and other forms of vouchers.
Financial Advisor: Do you know your networth?
Gift Card Millionaire: Do you include Gift Cards? Because that would significantly affect the day I can retire.
- Battle of Stoke: marked the tail end of the Wars of the Roses (1487)
- House Divided speech: Abraham Lincoln, as a senatorial candidate, warned that the Union must become either all-slave or all-free (1858)
- Bloomsday: James Joyce's Ulysses follows Leopold Bloom through this one day of his life (1904)
- New Deal: FDR opened his recovery program, signing bank, rail and industry bills and initiating farm aid (1933)
- Valentina Tereshkova: Soviet cosmonaut became the first woman in space aboard Vostok 6 (1963)
- Katherine Graham 1917
- John Howard Griffin 1920
- Erich Segal 1937
- Joyce Carol Oates 1938 - Author
- Corin Redgrave 1939
- Billy 'Crash' Craddock 1939 - Country singer
- Lamont Dozier 1941 - Songwriter
- Eddie Levert 1942 - Musician (The O'Jays)
- Joan Van Ark 1943 - Actress ("Knot's Landing")
- Ian Matthews 1945 - Musician (Fairport Convention)
- Derek Sanderson 1946
- James Smith 1950 - Musician (The Stylistics)
- Roberto Duran 1951 - Boxer
- Gino Vannelli 1952 - Singer
- Laurie Metcalf 1955 - Actress ("Roseanne")
- Jenny Smimizu 1967
- Phil Mickelson 1970 - Golf player
- Tupac Shakur 1971 - Rapper
- Eddie Cibrian 1973
- Frederick Koehler 1975
- China Shavers 1977
- Kerry Wood 1977 - Baseball player
- Missy Peregrym 1982 - Actress