lunker \LUHNG-ker\, noun:
1. something unusually large for its kind.2. Angling. a very large game fish, especially a bass.
Lunker entered English in the early 1900s and its origin is unknown.
Red bull without a cause
- The act of drinking Red Bull when you are already wide awake, simply because you like the taste.
Jeremy: "John had a Red Bull with lunch today. Didn't even put any vodka in it."
Jim: "Really? - A Red Bull without a cause?"
- Black Hole of Calcutta: 146 British soldiers were imprisoned in one cell in a jail in India; by morning many of the men had suffocated (1756)
- Flight to Varennes: faced with anti-royalty hostility during the French Revolution, King Louis XVI tried unsuccessfully to flee the country (1791)
- Queen Victoria: longest-reigning British monarch succeeded to the throne (1837)
- Toast of the Town: debuted on CBS; in 1955 it was renamed The Ed Sullivan Show (1948)
- Hot line: Moscow-Washington line of direct communication was established following the Bay of Pigs standoff (1963)
- Jaws: Steven Spielberg's thriller was released, chilling viewers and shattering box office records (1975)
- Adam Ferguson 1723 - Philosopher, historian, knonw as Ferguson of Raith
- Charles Chesnutt (Charles Waddell Chesnutt) 1858 - Author, essayist, political activist
- Jean Moulinn 1899 - High profile member of the French Resistance during World War II
- Errol Flynn 1909 - Actor
- Pancho Segura (Francisco Olegario Segura) 1921 - Tennis player
- Chet Atkins (Chester Burton Atkins) 1924 - Guitarist
- Audie Murphy 1924 - Actor, most decorated American soldier of World War II
- James Tolkan 1931 - Actor
- Martin Landau 1931 - Actor
- Olympia Dukakis 1931 - Actress
- Danny Aiello (Daniel Louis "Danny" Aiello, Jr.) 1933 - Actor
- Brett Halsey 1933 - Actor
- Rossanna Podestà 1934 - Actress
- Len Dawson (Leonard Ray "Len" Dawson) 1935 - Football player
- Billy Guy 1936 - Singer (The Coasters)
- Jerry Keller (Jerry Paul Keller) 1937 - Singer, songwriter
- John Mahoney 1940 - Actor ("Frasier")
- Stephen Frears 1941 - Film director
- Andre Watts 1946 - Classical pianist
- Lionel Richie 1949 - Singer, musician
- John Goodman 1952 - Actor