Thursday, August 08, 2013

FIRE IT UP!

So last night I got home and fired up the grill for dinner. You know, you warm it up first, clean the grilling surfaces with a grill brush, then position the food. I FIRED IT UP!

FIRE IT UP!FIRE IT UP!
 
When I came back out black smoke was billowing out from the vents and the lid.
 
Fuck. What happened here?
 
When I opened the lid flames blazed out and burned half the hair off of my right arm. I remembered that the electric ignition hasn't worked in over a year and I've been using matches instead. You can buy a LOT of matches for the same price as a new electric ignition. I leave the remaining sticks at the bottom of the grill so it gives something of a smokey flavor to the food. It appears that the remnants of the matchsticks ignited in a shockingly big blaze that caught me off guard. My arm smelled like burning hair all night. Nice

0 comments: