esse \ES-se; Eng. ES-ee\, noun:
- being; existence.
Esse comes from the Latin word of the same spelling meaning "to be." It has been in English since the 1600s.
- What many old RuneScape players are calling RuneScape after the recent Wilderness update.
Don't play RuinedScape anymore.Trivia
What baseball legend hit a record three consecutive home runs in a World Series game—on the first pitch thrown by three different pitchers?
- Baseball Hall of Famer Reggie Jackson, for the New York Yankees, in game 6 of the 1977 World Series against the Los Angeles Dodgers. Jackson hit a record five home runs in the series.
- 1057 - Macbeth, the King of Scotland, was killed by the son of King Duncan.
- 1848 - The dental chair was patented by M. Waldo Hanchett.
- 1911 - The product Crisco was introduced by Procter & Gamble Company.
- 1944 - The Allied forces of World War II landed in southern France.
- 1945 - The Allies proclaimed V-J Day a day after Japan agreed to surrender unconditionally.
- 1947 - India became independent from Britain and was divided into the countries of India and Pakistan. India had been under British about 200 years.
- 1961 - East German workers began construction of the Berlin Wall.
- 2001 - Astronomers announced the discovery of the first solar system outside our own. They had discovered two planets orbiting a star in the Big Dipper.
- Napoleon Bonaparte 1769
- Sir Walter Scott 1771
- Ethel Barrymore 1879
- Edna Ferber 1887
- T.E. Lawrence ("Lawrence of Arabia") 1888
- Bill Baird 1904
- Hugo Winterhalter 1909
- Julia Child 1912
- Wendy Hiller 1912
- Huntz Hall 1919
- Rose-Marie 1923
- Robert Bolt 1924
- Don Rich 1941
- Debra Messing 1968
- Ben Affleck 1972