blowzy \BLOU-zee\, adjective:Cinematard
1. having a coarse, ruddy complexion.The origin of blowzy is uncertain, though it was perhaps once a cant term. It entered English in the 1700s.
2. disheveled in appearance; unkempt.
- One who is completely lacking movie knowledge.
Heather - "Hey Greta, wanna see that new Tom Hanks movie, Mission Difficult II?
Greta - "Um you mean the new Tom CRUISE movie, Mission Impossible III? Girl, you are a real cinematard!"Trivia
What determines the pitch of an individual’s voice?
- The length of his or her vocal cords. The longer the cords—there are two—the deeper the pitch; the shorter the cords, the higher the pitch.
How did Soviet cosmonaut Yuri Gargarin return to earth after becoming the first man in space in 1961?
- By parachute—after ejecting from his space capsule, Vostok 1, when it reentered the earth’s atmosphere.
- Dia De los Muertos (Mexico)
- Levelland UFO sighting: several separate witnesses in Texas claimed to have seen, late at night, a bright egg-shaped object near which their car engines died (1957)
- Lady Chatterley's Lover: in Britain, publisher Penguin Books was found not guilty of obscenity for printing the D.H. Lawrence novel (1960)
- Daniel Boone 1734
- James Knox Polk (U.S.) 1795
- Warren G. Harding (U.S.) 1865
- Paul Ford 1901
- Burt Lancaster 1913
- Ray Walston 1914
- Ann Rutherford 1920
- Charlie Walker 1926
- Earl "Speedo" Carroll (The Coasters) 1937
- David Stockton 1941
- Shere Hite 1942
- Stefanie Powers 1942
- Maxine Nightingale 1953
- Matt Sorum (Guns N' Roses) 1960
- k.d. lang 1961
- Bobby Dall (Poison) 1961