whitherward \HWITH-er-werd, WITH-\, adverb:
- Archaic. toward what place; in what direction.
Whitherward comes from Old English hwinder + -weard meaning "toward where?"
- A fetish involving a desire to engage in sexual activity with man made constructions. These may include, buildings, houses, towers and bridges.
Matt: Yo sally, have you heard about James and his constructophilia? He totally had sex with a bridge last night!
Sally: What the fuck.Trivia
What popular TV sitcom character was known for his malaprops, including “Well, good-bye and good ribbons”?
- Archie Bunker, on All in the Family.
- New Year's Eve
- light bulb: was first demonstrated by inventor Thomas Edison, in Menlo Park, New Jersey (1879)
- Times Square: Waterford crystal ball dropped for the first time in celebration of New Year's Eve (1907)
- farthing: British coin in use since 13th century ceased to be legal tender (1960)
- Panama Canal: waterway that connects the Caribbean with the Pacific was handed over to Panama by the US in accordance with the Torrijos-Carter Treaties (1999)
- Henri Matisse 1869
- George Marshall 1880
- Simon Wiesenthal 1908
- Jonah (Robert) Jones 1908
- Rex Allen ("The Arizona Cowboy") 1924
- Ross Barbour (The Four Freshmen) 1928
- Odetta 1930
- Sarah Miles 1941
- Tim Considine 1941
- Andy Summers (Police) 1942
- John Denver 1943
- Ben Kingsley 1943
- Pete Quaife (The Kinks) 1943
- Barbara Carrera 1945
- Diane von Furstenberg 1945
- Tim Matheson 1947
- Burton Cummings (The Guess Who) 1947
- Joe Dallesandro 1958
- Val Kilmer 1959
- Paul Westerberg 1959
- Scott "NOT" Ian (Anthrax) 1963
- Gong Li 1965
- Joe McIntyre (New Kids on the Block) 1972