Thought of the day: Today doesn't only have a date, but that date is also a command, March 4th spoken sounds the same as March Forth as in, go there.
ugsome \UHG-suhm\, adjective:
- Scot. and North England. horrid; loathsome.
- Having the attitude that if something can't be done in 5 minutes or less, it's not worth doing.
Someone's mom: "You know, I just hate how our son never gets his chores done."
Someone's dad: "Yeah it's his microwave mentality. He gets it from you."
- Shrove Tuesday: aka Fat Tuesday. Mardi Gras, Mardi Gras season, and Carnival season, in English, refer to events of the Carnival celebrations, beginning on or after Epiphany and culminating on the day before Ash Wednesday. Mardi gras is French for Fat Tuesday, referring to the practice of the last night of eating richer, fatty foodsbefore the ritual fasting of the Lenten season, which begins on Ash Wednesday.
- Prince Henry the Navigator 1394
- Antonio Vivaldi 1678
- Knute Rockne 1888
- Charles Goren 1901
- Harry Helmsley 1909
- John Garfield 1913
- Carlos Surinach 1915
- Margaret Osborne DuPont 1918
- Joan Greenwood 1921
- Miriam Makeba 1932
- Barbara McNair 1934
- Jim Clark 1936 - Race car driver
- Paula Prentiss 1939 - Actress
- Susan Clark 1944
- Bobby Womack 1944 - Singer
Gunnar Hansen 1947 - actor Leatherface
- Shakin' Stevens 1948
- Chris Squire 1948 - Musician (Yes)
- Chris Rea 1951 - Musician (Chris Rea Band)
- Kay Lenz 1953
- Emilio Estefan 1953 - Musician (Miami Sound Machine)
- Adrian Zmed 1954
- Catherine O’Hara 1954 - Actress
- Stacy Edwards 1965 - Actress ("Chicago Hope")
- Patrick Hannan 1966 - Musician (The Sundays)
- Evan Dando 1967 - Musician (Lemonheads)
- Patsy Kensit 1968
- Chastity Bono 1969 - Daughter of Sonny and Cher
- Jason Sellers 1971
- Fergal Lawler 1971 - Musician (The Cranberries)
- Whitney Port 1985 - Actress ("The Hills")
- Andrea Bowen 1990 - Actress ("Desperate Housewives")