Tuesday, May 06, 2014

Review Tuesday: Broken Crown Halo by Lacuna Coil (2014)


Continuing to catch up with stuff that came out while I was in the throes of tax season comes this record:



Broken Crown Halo
by Lacuna Coil


I've been a fan of Lacuna Coil for years and I have been enjoying the frequency of new albums over the last bunch of years. I was really surprised with how quickly this one seemed to come out. It seemed like Cristina Scabbia (1/2 of the singing team, no damned H in it!) announced that they were working on new music and then it was available on Amazon and CM Distro. Ok, cool!

Tracklist:
1. Nothing Stands in Our Way 4:07
2. Zombies 3:47
3. Hostage to the Light 3:56
4. Victims 4:31
5. Die & Rise 3:44
6. I Forgive (But I Won't Forget Your Name) 3:56
7. Cybersleep 4:26
8. Infection 4:23 
9. I Burn in You 4:15
10. In the End I Feel Alive 4:21
11. One Cold Day 6:09
Lacuna Coil has a very distinct sound. You can tell a Coil track instantaneously. I pin that on two aspects: 
  • The Bass (that might be a shocker coming from me if you know me on facebook)
  • Cristina's vocals. 
If not for those two pieces of the puzzle they might sound like any other heavy metal band. Luckily they DO have those. The record kicks right off with that signature sound that fans have enjoyed for some 20 years now.

Previous albums have had some weak tracks on them, but I felt this album has nothing like that. Eleven well written and nicely polished songs. 

What else is there to say? I really liked this album and any fan would, too. I recommend getting it.

Get it on AMAZON on CD, vinyl and MP3.






0 comments: