Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Review Tuesday: BI:LINGUAL - Doppelganger EP


About a week ago I got a gutsy direct email from this band, Bi:Lingual, requesting a feature on BAXOJAYZ.com. I IMMEDIATELY liked they way they worked and posted their release HERE. Since they tickled my ass with a feather, I decided I needed to know more about this band.
Bi:Lingual
Rock n Roll infused Hip/Hop

"All the best bits of Beastie Boys, RATM and Jimi Hendrix thrown together in a mosh melting pot. Like Mike Skinner fronting a punked up Wolfmother. Unmissable!" - Ten Feet Tall

"Their music can at one moment, have you hypnotised by haunting guitars and powerful lyrics and then in the next moment it could blow you off your feet with an all-out explosion of riffs and emotion." - A Music Blog, Yea (Canada)
Members: 
  • Dylan Teague 
  • George Louca 
  • Aaron Lythe 
  • Stephanos Louca
Which leads me to the review of their EP...


Bi:Lingual
Doppelganger

Based on that bio you can probably guess the style. The blend of rock and hip-hop is nothing new. RUN DMC did it in the 80s.Faith No More kicked it up during the 90s. Since then rock has never been the same. It's called progress! 

Now we're in 2014. We still have this flavor going strong. Bi:Lingual is a new addition to the genre hailing from the UK. They appear to have two singers who work together like a well trained special-ops team, and a guitarist, bassist, and drummer. Don't ask me who is who, I don't know. I DO know they all work together well and create some fun music. 

The track list:
  1. Matador
  2. Spiderwebs
  3. Doppelganger
  4. Forget Me Nots
  5. Pluto
  6. Sideshow
The singers have distinct voices and sound good together. The rhythm section is solid. You know me, as a drummer that's an important detail to me and the bass and drums cut and groove like a machine. They provide the music with a sturdy backbone to hold up to the relentless guitars. I can't tell you who the axe-man is, but he knows how to shred! The riffs and melodies are extraordinary. 

Collectively the band creates music that can put a smile on your face, or rock you to your soul, or mostly BOTH at any given moment. I feel that these guys are just more imaginative than most acts in their genre and are worthy of your time to get to know them. Some good music here! 

Have a listen on Soundcloud or Spotify

Find them web:

0 comments: