Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Review Tuesday: Queen of the Clouds by Tove Lo

When holiday season was approaching I had my radar working overtime trying to detect anything that Mrs. Bax0jayz would say she liked. She mentioned this singer one night.


TOVE LO
Queen of the Clouds
Ebba Tove Elsa Nilsson, aka Tove Lo, is a Swedish singer from Stockholm. She has a lovely voice and did well on the top 40 charts with her hit HABITS (STAY HIGH) last year along with (We could be) HEROES by Alesso. The former song is NOT on this album, but was mentioned just to spark another memory of her voice. 

Track Listings
1. The Sex - Intro
2. My Gun
3. Like Em Young
4. Talking Body
5. Timebomb
6. The Love - Interlude
7. Moments
8. The Way That I Am
9. Got Love
10. Not On Drugs
11. The Pain - Interlude
12. Thousand Miles
13. Habits (Stay High)
The album is largely good. Tove's voice is delicious and sensuous. Some of the songs could fall into the category of modern rock, which is a bonus over today's brainless pop offerings. Well produced and nicely polished. The only song I didn't like was "Like Em Young." That was the one pure pop track and it annoyed me despite being a freakishly catchy tune.

I'd recommend it.

Find it on Amazon

0 comments: