Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Review Tuesday: Blade Runner 3 - Replicant Night by K. W. Jeter



Blade Runner 3
Replicant Night
by K. W. Jeter
Rick Deckard is torn between two opposing forces regarding going on a new mission while Sarah Tyrell learns what her own deepest secret is. 
When I got Replicant Night I also got this book, Blade Runner 3 - Replicant Night by K. W. Jeter, at the same time. 

It starts off with a studio making a movie based on the life of Rick Deckard. From there the bad writing kicks in and the stupid shit just keeps happening. 

This story is even weaker than the previous one. There's a ton of details that are provided while not helping the story at all. It just seems like a never ending tale of nonsense. With some severe editing the book probably could've been made better by trimming off a ton of fat and half its girth.

I have a bad habit of sticking with things to the brutal end. When I heard about these BLADE RUNNER books I sought and purchased the first two because they were relatively easy to find. That was why I went and read this thing despite how I felt about the other book. Luckily Book 3 (Blade Runner 4) never seems to have made it to paperback, and appears to be strangely hard to find and very expensive. I refuse to pay $50 for a book that came from a series with a bad track record as it is.
 
This book is just bad fan fiction with no redeeming value. Don't bother with it, you'll only hate yourself afterward.


AMAZON

0 comments: