delitescent (del-i-TES-uhnt) adjective
- Hidden; latent.
Etymology: From Latin delitescent-, stem of delitescens, present participle of delitescere (to hide away).
- Sorry For The Mass Email
Has anyone seen my red stapler? I left it somewhere in the office last Saturday.
- The Star Wars Ewok Adventure aired on the ABC Sunday Night Movie. (1984)
- Iran-contra affair: arms-sales scandal blew open; US National Security Council aide Oliver North was fired for planning to ship arms secretly to Iran (1986)
- Elián González: 6-year-old Cuban émigré was rescued by fishermen off Florida's coast, sparking a political asylum/child custody battle (1999)
- Department of Homeland Security: was signed into law by George W. Bush; Tom Ridge was named the first department head (2002)
- John F. Kennedy, Jr. 1960