Tuesday, December 22, 2015

STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS by Alan Dean Foster



STAR WARS
THE FORCE AWAKENS
by Alan Dean Foster
Thirty years after the events of RETURN OF THE JEDI, the New Republic faces an adversary with the most destructive weapon ever conceived.
It appears that I am the only STAR WARS fan who did NOT go to see THE FORCE AWAKENS last weekend. However, I am up to date thanks to reading the novelization on my Kindle.

I am stating right now that I will divulge no information or spoilers. I'll just review the literature.

The story is well conceived. The plot makes sense. The characters are perfectly developed. In fact, developed better than ever before as you have a view into the minds of the storm troopers who seem more competent and deadly than ever.
 
Alan Dean Foster has a long history of writing sci-fi and even goes back to the first STAR WARS side story, SPLINTER OF THE MIND'S EYE. In my opinion Foster's grasp of the Star Wars material is far better now than it was back then. Excellent writing. Great book. A perfect companion to the movie for a fan who might want to have a more introspective knowledge of the story.

0 comments: