solicitous \suh-LIS-uh-tuhs\, adjective:
- Manifesting or expressing care or concern.
- Full of anxiety or concern; apprehensive.
- Extremely careful; meticulous.
- Full of desire; eager.
Origin: Solicitous is from Latin sollicitus, "thoroughly or violently moved, disturbed, or agitated," hence "anxious, uneasy, worried," from sollus, "whole, entire" + citus, past participle of ciere, "to move, to stir."
- A friendly and common greeting in snowboarder language.
Simon: dude, watch where your riding!
Ray: Sorry dude
Ray: Sorry dude
- Immaculate Conception: the belief that the Virgin Mary was born free of sin was defined as a dogma by Pope Pius IX (1854)
- World War II: the day after Japan bombed Pearl Harbor, the US entered into WWII (1941)
- CIS: the Commonwealth of Independent States was established instead of the USSR by Russia, Belarus and Ukraine (1991)
- NAFTA: Canadian-Mexican-US trade pact was signed into law by US President Bill Clinton (1993)
- Horace 65 B.C.
- Mary Stuart (Queen of Scots) 1542
- Bjornstjerne Bjornson 1832
- Diego Rivera 1886
- James Thurber 1894
- Lee J. Cobb 1911
- Floyd Tillman 1914
- Sammy Davis, Jr. 1925
- Richard Fleischer 1926
- Maximillian Schell 1930
- Kim Basinger 1953
- Warren Cuccurullo (Duran Duran) 1957
- Phil Collen (Def Leppard) 1957
- Marty Raybon (The Raybon Brothers) 1959
- Sinead O'Connor 1966
- Matthew Laborteaux 1966
- Bushwick Bill (The Geto Boys) 1966
- Ryan Newell (Sister Hazel) 1972
- Corey Taylor (Slipknot, Stone Sour) 1973
- Dominic Monaghan (Dominic Bernard Patric Monaghan) 1976 - Actor ("Lost," "Lord of the Rings")
- Ian Somerhalder 1978 - Actor ("Lost," "The Vampire Diaries")