Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Review Tuesday: MAD MAX: FURY ROAD (2015)



MAD MAX:
FURY ROAD
After the apocalpse, a man helps a group of sex-slaves escape from their owner. 
I'm a little bit late on this but whatever. One of the big blockbusters of 2015 was the return of Mad Max. There are discussions and arguments about whether or not this was a reboot. I couldn't tell you, really. Max had the black Ford Falcon again, which was lost in THE ROAD WARRIOR, but it's not really important to the story in the grand scheme of things. It struck me as some other story in the world of MAD MAX.

I use the word STORY loosely.

FURY ROAD is visually exciting and fun to watch. Other then that, meh. It's cars and trucks racing back and forth across a desert. In that way it can be entertaining, but it's two hours of this, so it drones on after a while. 

I think I would've liked this better if I didn't have a bunch of friends tell me how incredible this movie was. We're talking about Mad Max here, it's not expected to be a cerebral movie, but when people hail that the experience of it was amazing, you end up feeling let down. Plus, as a car guy, there's some really dopey nonsense going down, mechanically. 

For what it is, it's an entertaining action flick. Don't expect anything more than that and you won't be let down.

On Amazon:
Mad Max Fury Road (Blu-Ray) Tom Hardy, Charlize Theron, Nicholas Hoult, Josh Helman

0 comments: