veritable \VER-ih-tuh-bul\, adjective:
- Agreeable to truth or to fact; actual; real; true; genuine.
- A woman who is married.
- Election Day: date for national elections was set by US Congress as the first Tuesday after the first Monday in November (1845)
- Elizabeth Blackwell: became the first female physician in the US, graduating first in her class from Geneva Medical College (1849)
- Roots: the mini-series based on Alex Haley's epic novel began on ABC (1977)
- Daniel Pearl: reporter for The Wall Street Journal was kidnapped in Karachi, Pakistan; he was killed less than a month later (2002)