frangible \FRAN-juh-buhl\, adjective:
- Capable of being broken; brittle; fragile; easily broken.
- Similar to a carbon offset. Involves bringing a girl/girls to a party to increase your chances of getting in by negating the effect of another guy in the place.
- Caligula: Roman emperor who had a reputation for freakish behavior was assassinated by his Praetorian Guards (41)
- gold rush: a gold nugget was found at Sutter's Mill in northern California; President Polk announced the find in December and the gold rush began (1848)
- Robert Baden-Powell: organized the first Boy Scout troop in England (1908)
- Eskimo Pie: chocolate-covered vanilla ice cream bar was patented by Christian K. Nelson; it aimed to satisfy cravings for ice cream and chocolate bars at once (1922)
- St. Petersburg: Russian city was renamed Leningrad three days after Lenin's death (1924)
- Shoichi Yokoi: Japanese soldier was discovered hiding on Guam, 28 years after American forces reconquered the island in the Battle of Guam (1972)
- Department of Homeland Security: began operations, headed by Tom Ridge (2003)
- Neil Diamond 1941
- Yakov Smirnoff 1951
- Mischa Barton 1986