quotidian \kwoh-TID-ee-uhn\, adjective:
- Occurring or returning daily; as, a quotidian fever.
- Of an everyday character; ordinary; commonplace.
Quotidian is from Latin quotidianus, from quotidie, "daily," from quotus, "how many, as many, so many" + dies, "day."
- When people are still saying Happy New Year, even though it's already a week after the new year.
person 1: happy new year!!! whats up??
person 2: more like happy late year... it was new years 5 days ago bro
- Galilean moons: Jupiter's moons were first observed by Galileo; Simon Marius, however, named them — Io, Europa, Ganymede and Callisto, after the lovers of Zeus (1610)
- Fannie Farmer: published her first cookbook (1896)
- Marian Anderson: the contralto became the first African American to perform at the Metropolitan Opera House (1955)
- Khmer Rouge: Pol Pot's regime was toppled when Vietnam took Cambodia's capital, Phnom Penh (1979)
- Bill Clinton: impeachment trial began (1999)
- Millard S. Fillmore (U.S.) 1800
- Charles Laemmle 1867
- Adolph Zukor 1873
- Charles Péguy 1873
- Butterfly McQueen 1911
- Charles Addams 1912
- Vincent Gardenia 1922
- Jean-Pierre Rampal 1922
- Gerald Durrell 1925
- William Blatty 1928
- Terry Moore (Helen Koford) 1929
- Jack Greene 1930
- Douglas Kiker 1930
- Leona Williams 1943
- Morris Titanic (NHL) 1953
- Katie Couric 1957
- David Lee Murphy 1958
- Kathy Valentine (The Go-Go's) 1958
- David Marciano 1960
- Craig Shipley 1963
- Nicholas Cage 1964
- Guy Hebert (NHL) 1967
- Doug E. Doug 1970
- Jeremy Renner 1971
- John Rich 1974
- Dustin Diamond 1977
Lauren Cohan 1982 (The Walking Dead)
Natalie Gulbis 1983 (Pro-Golfer / Model)
- Rhianna (Robin Hannah Louise Kenny) 1983 - Singer